Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Daddy is my hero.




If we are friends you've probably met my Dad. If you're lucky you may have heard his story. The oldest son of 9 kids in Mexico and the son of an alcoholic he helped raised his siblings and Care for his parents. He's taken belts to his back to save his mom from his angry dad. At 19 years old he came to America with two gallons of water and the clothes in his back and not knowing the language. He did it illegally too. Go ahead and judge him but he is a proud American citizen who pays his taxes and probably any government Help you get too. He met my mother when she was fresh out of a divorce with two young children. He took them in as his own and it's never been anything else except their father. He's created a successful business. He's had three children of his own. Four grandchildren who know him only as grandpa despite him not being their biological granddad. He drops everything when one Of needs something.

My reason for writing this is because I witnessed his kind heart today and it just made me so grateful to call him my father. It isn't anything big. It just proves how loving and gentle he is. Eric and I were driving behind him and he didn't know. We were in the left turning lane for the freeway and my dad made an odd left turn. We just kept turning but Eric was watching him and he pulled all the way over and stopped. I called to ask why and he said he saw a homeless man and his heart broke for him and he needed to help him. How many people can say they'd go that far out of their way for a stranger in need? Man. I'm such a proud daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment